We’re officially in the dog days of summer, and it’s the perfect time to bring a fresh perspective to your home’s look and feel.
Here are some ideas to incorporate some summer-inspired interior design ideas into your home.
5 Interior Design Ideas for Summer
- Bring in some breezy blues. It could be as simple as incorporating a couple of blue throw pillows or a blue rug in the space, or as involved as painting an accent wall if you’d really like to channel the energy of summer year-round. Looking to go a little bolder? Try something close to Pantone’s 2022 color of the year, “Very Peri.” According to Pantone, this violet-infused blue tone “displays a spritely, joyous attitude and dynamic presence that encourages courageous creativity and imaginative expression.”
- Bring the outdoors inside. Thanks to COVID-19, many 2020 and 2021 trends focused on bringing the indoors outside, so homeowners were making outdoor spaces more comfortable and luxurious. But now is a great time to bring elements of the outdoors inside. Incorporate plants throughout your space, or add some new plants to your existing collection! Plants like monsteras and birds of paradise will help give your space a tropical feel.
- Go tropical! Have a room that has a lot of white space? Bring in bursts of yellows and greens to make it pop. Accent walls with tropical paint or wallpaper truly embody the excitement of the summer months.
- Swap out the heavy materials for something lighter. Natural fiber materials like raffia and rattan will invoke a summery feel. Incorporating them throughout your home in the form of woven rugs or simply in the form of décor can do a lot to inspire summery vibes. Incorporating earthenware ceramics into your space can also help to create a summery feeling.
- Incorporate light wood tones. If you’ve been thinking of redoing your floors, summer is the perfect time to take the leap. Plenty of homeowners opt to get their wood floors refinished over their summer vacation – and it’s a smart move so you can stay out of the way of the contractors and not have to worry about not being able to walk on the floors, etc. If you are looking for wide plank floors that will invoke a summery feel year-round, it’s best to choose a lighter-colored wood species like white oak or yellow birch (keep them natural/without stain for the best effect).
If you are considering redesigning a space this summer, starting with the flooring is a good way to set the stage for the rest of the home. Interested in learning more about some wide plank flooring options? Contact us today or call us at 877-697-5265 to speak with a wide plank flooring specialist.